Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sticks and Stones


THE REAL HOUSEWIVES...
Sometimes, on Saturday afternoons Frank and I will watch shows on "HOUSEWIVES." (Because he is a FLIPPER this happens. I have been told by many of my friends this is the case with MEN in general, flipping through channels). That being said, several Saturdays ago, he was "flipping" and landed on The Real Housewives of Orange County Reunion Show. This kind of reality show for some reason always gets our attention; they mesmerize us, especially me! What struck me immediately is how divided these women seem to be and how hurtful the things they say to each other are; the hard harsh words and comments are damaging and disrespectful. Why is it that women want to be this way with one another? Then, the next thing that made me "lose my slipper" (a term I made up, that means to me in this instance is; "What the heck?") So, here is the "What the heck" question; "Why call or refer to ourselves or other women as BITCHES?" Can someone answer this question for me because I just don't get it?
I'm a real housewife, just not on a "Reality Show" and I don't do that sort of thing. Don't get me wrong I get FRUSTRATED with my girlfriends, but I don't call them names! So, here's a challenge; if you call your friends "BITCH" for any reason, consider not doing it.
PLEASE...

I'm just asking: "Do we (GIRLS) have to say MEAN THINGS or talk SMUT to get our point across when we are upset with one another?"

I remember my mother saying; "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

Maybe the Orange County Housewives need a "Cinderella Chats Intervention." Of course, with me and my "REAL HOUSEWIFE FRIENDS." HaHa...


BTW: I am not putting any of the OC HOUSEWIVES or any other WOMEN down in any way that do this sort of thing, I just don't understand WHY? If you would like to share any comments or insights regarding this post please do I would love to hear from you.

Sincerely with passion!
Cinderella

1 comment:

  1. That trash talking that is portrayed these days really bothers me too. It's like some women think they show their strength with that gangsta tough talk and it just seems so pointless to be cutting other women down that way. I haven't watched the show but I'm sure I've seen too many examples of that behavior other spheres. Real strength is supporting your sisters and not verbally competing with them. Of course I'm kind of a New England clam it up kind of communicator when I'm mad. I think I've only cussed out one woman in my life and was only 20. There have been just a few that I might have ought to since then but I sure wasn't raised to express myself thusly.
    xoxo Kim
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete