Monday, June 20, 2011

Crispy French Fries



I fry up French fries every once in a “blue moon” and when I do, well we eat every last one because they are so YUMMY!

Here's how I prepare them…

More than enough for two…

3 organic russet potatoes (peeled and sliced up not too thin)
24 ounces of Safflower oil (I use Spectrum High Heat Safflower Oil)
2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
1 sprig of Rosemary chopped up finely (I LOVE ROSEMARY, but you can use whatever HERB you like.)
“Real Salt” sprinkle to taste or omit (I love this salt!)

Place your oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat until it is good and hot. Take your sliced potatoes and place them carefully in the skillet and fry until golden brown. This takes about twenty minutes. Line a large tray with paper towels enough to soak up the oil, take them out, dry them off as best as you can and sprinkle them with garlic, rosemary and salt. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment